Andrea Smoking Tights | BlackCruelty-Free Ethically Made Sustainable Vegan Up-cycled / Recycled
50 Denier | Black
The eco-friendly Black Andrea Smoking Tights by Swedish Stockings add a little extra interest with a wide stripe detail along each leg.
- Made from recycled yarn
- Wide and comfortable waistband
- Matte finish with medium coverage
- Knitted in 3D, they are stronger and last longer, meaning that you buy less and have a smaller footprint on our environment
Make 4 interest‐free payments of $4.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
- This item is in the Standard shipping group.
- This item typically ships within 2 business days
- For hygiene reasons we are unable to accept returns for this item, unless it arrived and was faulty/damaged or was sent to you in error
- 95% recycled polyamide
- 5% elastane
The only sustainable hosiery brand in the world, Swedish Stockings uses the by-products of non-related (& non-biodegradable) nylon production for its quality recycled yarns.
The company's production process is a lot less harmful to the environment than traditional nylon production, and the brand is consistently looking for innovative and cleaner ways to produce - conserving or reusing water, decreasing emissions, reducing and recycling waste.
From its highly-efficient recycling process, Swedish Stockings has reduced energy and water consumption:
- 87.6% less energy
- water savings of 18.M3/ton yarn
- solar-powered production
- no extra water is used to create the stockings
- Swedish Stockings factories are zero waste
- all water used in the dyeing process is purified after use
Being sustainable doesn't just stop with the purchase of a pair of sustainable stockings or tights; it extends to how you choose, use, wear and wash them.
Even though Swedish Stockings are of the highest quality possible, the very nature of stockings makes them delicate items, and they should be treated as such.
Follow these pro care tips to promote the longevity of your tights:
- Give them a stretch before you wear them. Pre-stretch your tights by placing one hand in the foot of one leg and the other on the top part of the tights, and gently pulling them apart. This helps to get the yarn ready and mobile to be put on and stretched onto your body. It also promotes longer life. Stretching should be done before your first wear and, ideally, after every wash.
- Scrunch them up, one leg at a time. Make sure your nails are smooth and you have no sharp jewellery on. Then, bunch or scrunch one leg together and put one foot it, pull the tight up to your knee. By doing this, you leave enough yarn to fit over the rest of your legs, and also spread the tights evenly. Repeat with the other leg, stopping at the knee. Apply the same method to pull the rest of the tights up over your thighs and hips.
- Only pull from the bottom up. If you feel that too much yarn is concentrated in one spot, or that the yarn looks uneven, take off the tights and don again, pulling as evenly as possible up your body. Do not try to move the yarn incrementally up your body, as this risks snagging and/or ruining the tights. Tights should only be stretched from the bottom up.
- Wear with care. Net and lace styles require greater care and attention compared to higher-denier styles. However, for all styles, make sure your nails and toenails are file smooth, avoid touching your legs if you're wearing sharp jewellery or anything the yarn can snag on, and avoid unnecessary friction. Although Swedish Stockings have reinforced toes, some customers choose to wear socks under their tights to avoid their toes poking through, while others choose to wear socks over the top to avoid friction with shoes.
- Wash every 5 to 6 wears. To save money, time and the environment, it's best to wash your clothes, including stockings and tights, only when needed. We recommend hand washing your tights in cold water every 5 to 6 wears, to get rid of the build up of body oils and dead skin cells. Swedish Stockings can also be washed in a washing machine, on a delicate cycle in either cold or warm water, preferably in a garment bag (such as the Guppyfriend). Avoid washing your tights with anything that can snag on, such as clothing with zippers, hooks and clasps.
- Avoid fabric softeners, the dryer and make the most of spot cleaning. Fabric softeners can damage the elastane in your tights, so should be avoided. As with any delicate item, Swedish Stockings retain their fit and shape best through air drying. In between washes, spot cleaning is a viable option, using a mild detergent.
This product is Cruelty-Free, Ethically Made, Sustainable, Up-cycled / Recycled, and Vegan.