- 75% organic cotton
- 23% post-industrial recycled cotton
- 2% elastane
Organic cotton is grown using methods and materials that have a low impact on the environment. It is grown without the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and synthetic fertilisers, and the use of genetically-modified (GM) seed is generally prohibited.
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is the leading global organic standard, which includes benefits such as:
- a guaranteed minimum of 95% certified organic fibres
- never using genetically modified seeds or harmful fertilisers in the growing process
- the sustainable use of land to maintain a healthy balance in the soil
- prohibiting the use of harmful chemicals and bleaches at all stages of the production process
- strong procedures for minimising waste during production
- recyclable paper and cardboard packaging materials used when shipping
- fair employment and good conditions for all workers from the farms through to the factories
The fabric for the Heavy Stone Regular Swan was made in Royo, Spain.
In the production of its denim fabrics, MUD Jeans uses Cradle 2 Cradle certified dye. Environmental impacts are minimised through the use of innovative techniques such as E-flow, laser and ozone, helping to save water, eliminate chemicals and improve the working conditions of the people in the MUD Jeans factories.
Compared to industry standards, these jeans save up to 5,500 litres of water!