Holiday Heel | SapphireCruelty-Free Ethically Made Handmade Limited Run Sustainable Vegan Up-cycled / Recycled
The faux suede Sapphire Holiday Heel by RAFA is designed for celebrations!
Handmade, it features a comfortable chunky heel, adorable tie straps, square-shaped toe and double-lined orthopaedic foam insoles for extra comfort.
Make 4 interest‐free payments of $72.25 AUD fortnightly with More info
- This item is in the Standard shipping group.
- This item typically ships within 2 business days
- Sale items can be returned within 30 days of purchase for store credit only
- To be accepted for return the item must be unworn / unused, unmarked, unwashed and in its original packaging with all tags attached (i.e. in re-saleable condition)
- 7.5cm (3") chunky heel
- Style has a narrow width but runs true to size
- If you're a half size we recommend ordering the next size up
The sizing advice we provide is based on that of our brands, but feet come in many different shapes and sizes!
If your normal shoe size isn't quite right for you in this style, you can request an exchange for another size (subject to availability and our standard Exchanges & Returns Policy).
Please contact us with any enquiries / fit recommendations.
- Vegan recycled textiles
- Man-made outsoles
- Double-lined orthopaedic insoles
Every RAFA shoe is handmade by a group of artisans in Los Angeles using high-quality eco-friendly and sustainable materials. Due to the nature of production, some slight imperfections or variations may occur.
Two primary things make shoes vegan: (1) they contain no leather or other skins, and (2) they are not made using any animal-based glue.
Various terms are used to describe the materials used for vegan shoes. These include vegan leather/suede, faux leather/suede, and micro-leather/micro-suede These materials are typically made from man-made microfibre.
While historically non-leather alternatives have received a bad rap for their toxicity and poor quality, among other things, modern production techniques mean that today's materials are far less environmentally damaging and of much higher quality. Polyurethane (PU) is commonly used, rather than the more toxic PVC, and many microfibres are produced using at least some portion of recycled materials. Furthermore, the newest forms use a water-based method to apply the PU to the fabric, rather than the highly toxic solvents that were traditionally used.
Microfibre fabric is lightweight, durable, and somewhat water repellant, so it makes a good substitute for leather. Microfibre is also made into Ultrasuede, which is cheaper and easier to clean and sew than natural suede leather.
Although there are some environmental concerns about microfibres entering the oceanic food chain via washing, this is not an issue with footwear and accessories, as these items are not washed.
All of Ecoture's carefully-selected vegan shoes are made from the highest-quality faux leathers and faux suedes. Our partner brands are focused not only on the vegan and cruelty-free aspects of their products, but also on their ethical and sustainability impacts.
More information on the materials, ethics and sustainability of the footwear industry can be found in our blog post, Is there something wrong with your shoes?
- To maintain the sensuous nap and soft lustre of ultrasuede, use a lint brush regularly
- It's also recommended that you periodically dust your RAFA shoes/boots with a well-wrung damp cloth or sponge - take care not to get the fabric too wet
- Once completely dry, rejuvenate the fabric with a gentle brushing
This product is Cruelty-Free, Ethically Made, Handmade, Sustainable, Up-cycled / Recycled, and Vegan.