Double-layered and constructed with the minimal use of elastic, Maya is made using HARA's OEKO-TEX 100-approved organic bamboo fabric and natural plant dyes, to ensure top quality without chemicals.
HARA sources its bamboo fabrics from suppliers that can provide organic certifications for the growing of the raw bamboo and OEKO-TEX 100 certifications, which proves that no harmful chemicals were used throughout the various stages of the process, and no harmful chemicals are present at all on the final product.
Bamboo has become an increasingly popular fabric in recent years, and with good reason:
- It contains an antibacterial and anti-fungal bioagent that is retained throughout the fabrication process and even after repeated washing. This makes all HARA products odour-resistant.
- It is extremely hypoallergenic, which is great for eczema sufferers and those with sensitive skin.
- It is really soft and feels gentle on the skin.
- It has a neutral charge, which makes it anti-static, so no more clinging clothes!
Bamboo's environmental credentials include:
- No pesticides, insecticides or fertilizers are used in the growing.
- It uses only rainwater to grow, unlike water-intensive crops such as cotton.
- It doesn't need vast amounts of land to grow, as the crops are very dense.
- It produces 30% more oxygen and absorbs more carbon dioxide than trees.
- It grows up to a metre a day.
- New stems can be harvested again and again, making bamboo one of the most sustainable materials in the world.
All HARA products are ethically made in Bali.
Cruelty-Free, Ethically Made, Natural, Organic, Sustainable, Vegan
It's fiddly, we know, but the best way to lengthen the life of your bras (and other intimates) is to cold hand wash using a natural soap.
The natural dyes used by HARA are subject to fading and chemical detergents will hasten that process.
If using a washing machine, we recommend placing in a delicates bag to keep the elastic from stretching.
HARA accepts returns and exchanges of unworn and unwashed items within 14 days of order delivery. If you wish to return or exchange an item, please contact us within 3 days of receipt of goods so that we can communicate with the supplier on your behalf.