- 95% organic bamboo
- 5% Spandex
All of the organic bamboo and Tencel fabrics used by Indecisive are surplus stock. Surplus fabric is excess fabric from someone else’s production. The label sources its fabrics from several different places, including offshore and on-shore fabric manufacturers, op shops, warehouses and fabric stores.
Some of the benefits of using surplus fabrics include:
- Utilising fabrics that would otherwise end up in landfill
- Minimising environmental impacts via reduced fabric production requirements
- Supporting other businesses by helping them move their excess and leftover stock.
Organic bamboo has become an increasingly popular fabric in recent years, and with good reason:
- It contains an antibacterial and anti-fungal bio-agent that is retained throughout the fabrication process and even after repeated washing, making it odour resistant
- It is extremely hypoallergenic, which is great for eczema sufferers and those with sensitive skin
- It is really soft and feels gentle on the skin
- It has a neutral charge, which makes it anti-static, so no more clinging clothes!
Bamboo’s environmental credentials include:
- No pesticides, insecticides or fertilisers are used in the growing
- It only uses rainwater to grown, unlike water-intensive crops such as cotton
- It doesn’t need vast amounts of land to grow, as the crops are very dense
- It produces 30% more oxygen and absorbs more carbon dioxide than trees
- It grows up to a metre a day
- New stems can be harvested again and again, making bamboo one of the most sustainable materials in the world