Exchanges + Returns
We hope you love the items you buy from us, but understand that from time to time things might not be quite what you expected or might not fit quite right. We are therefore happy to accept returns on most items within 30 days of purchase.
This Exchanges + Returns Policy ('Returns Policy') outlines what can/can't be returned and the process to follow. This policy applies to products purchased from the website ecoture.com.au.
You can exchange or return all non-excluded items1, 2 as a change of mind3 within 30 days of receiving the item, if the item is still in its original condition - unused/unworn, in original packaging and with the original tags still attached4.
If you need to exchange your purchase for another size or colour, please follow the steps below under How do I lodge my return?.
Once we receive your return, please allow up to 3 business days for your replacement order to be processed and another 3 to 5 business days for delivery.
You will be responsible for shipping and handling charges for any exchanges.
If you require your replacement item(s) urgently, we recommend repurchasing to avoid missing out on stock. In that way, you'll receive your replacement item(s) sooner, and we will then process your original purchase as a return for credit instead.
To be eligible for exchange for change of mind, your item must be unused and in the same saleable condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging, with any original tags attached. We refused the right to refuse an exchange if the product(s) are return used, damaged or do not have all original packaging.
We recommend sending return parcels via registered post or another trackable service, as we are not liable if your return is lost in transit. If your parcel goes missing you will be required to provide two pieces of documentation: a proof of delivery at our address and a scanned image of the signature obtained upon delivery. If you are unable to provide this information, we will not be held accountable for any losses.
How do I lodge my exchange or return?
To initiate an exchange or return request, please visit the RETURNS PORTAL.
- Enter your order number and email address to lookup your order.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and select the item(s) you want to return.
- No goods will be accepted for return without a valid approved return authorisation (RA).
Once your request has been reviewed, we'll email you instructions on how to get your item(s) safely back to us.
We strongly advise keeping a tracking reference for your return parcel, so you know when it has been delivered to us.
Please note that we cannot accept pickup or drop-offs at our warehouse.
What if a product is faulty or has been incorrectly delivered?
We take the utmost care in ensuring our goods are of high quality. However, if for any reason you find that our products are faulty or unsatisfactory, your item arrives damaged, or you did not receive what you ordered, we aim to resolve any issues ASAP.
If an item is found to be faulty or damaged, where possible we will repair or replace the item for you. If a replacement is not available (e.g. the style has sold out) and/or repair is not viable, you will receive a full refund for that item. You may elect a cash refund or store credit.
When submitting a return request on the basis that an item is faulty or damaged, processing will be faster if you're able to include one or more pictures of the fault/damage. There is a mechanism to attach images via the returns portal.
Unless otherwise agreed, purchases claimed as faulty or damaged will need to be sent back to us for assessment.
If your order does not contain the product(s) you ordered or item(s) have been damaged in transit, please ASAP.
Who pays for return shipping?
You will be responsible for the cost of returning item(s) to us for change of mind exchanges or returns. We will pay for postage on any exchange shipped back to you.
Shipping costs are non-refundable and will not be reimbursed.
If your item is deemed to have a minor or major fault, a return postage label will be issued by us at no cost to you.
All goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse, so please make sure your return is packaged well and won't be damaged in transit.
How long will it take to get a refund?
The returns process timeframe varies depending on your location, the return parcel service used and the volume of returns to be processed by our warehouse team.
We offer store credit for all approved returns. A cash refund will only be processed where an item is faulty or damaged (see above).
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your return.
If you are approved, then you will receive store credit in the form of Ecoture Loop points to the full value of the returned item(s). If you do not have an Ecoture Loop account, we will send you a non-expiring gift card for your credit amount. Store credit will be processed within 1 to 2 business days of receipt of returned goods.
We reserve the right to decline a refund if:
- the return was made more than 30 days after purchase; and/or
- the returned item(s) are marked, damaged or show signs of wear; and/or
- the item(s) are not returned in their original and undamaged box or packaging.
We will contact you if any items are not eligible for a refund.
If your order included a delivery charge, only the cost of the item(s) returned will be refunded, unless the goods were deemed faulty.
What if I paid using AfterPay or zipPay?
If you wish to return something you purchased using AfterPay or zipPay, the return process is exactly the same. Unless the item is faulty, you will be issued a store credit for the full amount of the unwanted item(s). You will continue to be charged by AfterPay/zipPay until you have paid all of your instalments.
Paid with PayPal?
If your order was paid for with your PayPal account, the costs (if any) of returning an item may be refundable by PayPal under its Refunded Returns service. For more information, or to activate Refunded Returns, visit PayPal and follow the step-by-step instructions.
Please if you've got a return question we haven't answered.
1 Excluded items
- Due to hygiene reasons, we are unable to accept returns for lingerie, beauty/grooming products, headwear (hats and beanies) and pierced earrings, unless they are faulty or have been sent to you in error.
- Under Australian Consumer Law, we are not required to provide a refund or replacement on final sale items if you change your mind. This includes a change of mind with regards to colour, size and fit. You can choose a refund or exchange if a final sale item has a 'major problem'. This is when the item (i) has a problem that would have stopped someone from buying the item if they had known about it (does not include change of mind with regards to size, colour or fit); (ii) is unsafe; (iii) is significantly different from the sample or description; or (iv) doesn't do what we said it would, or what you asked for, and can't be easily fixed. 'Final sale' items are typically referred to as 'Clearance' and are clearly marked as such on the site.
- Exchanges of Clearance items are permitted if stock is available.
2 Different terms
- A few of our marketplace brands have slightly different returns policies that will take precedence over this Returns Policy. Where applicable, this is indicated on the relevant product page and is reflected in the options available in the returns portal.
3 Change of mind
- Refers to a purchase where you got what you ordered, but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, did not like the item or had no use for it. This includes a change of mind in regards to colour, size and fit. Consumer guarantees do not apply under the wing of the ACCC in this case, and we reserve the right to refuse a refund or exchange for change of mind. For more information on your consumer rights and guarantees, please visit the ACCC.
4 Original condition
- All shoes should be returned without scratches or other marks and in their original, undamaged box.
- When trying on clothes, please ensure that you are not wearing any fragrance, makeup or deodorant that could leave a scent or mark.