Pre-order items are items that are not in stock and that will be made to order by the relevant supplier. The following conditions apply to all pre-ordered goods:
1. A deposit is required at the time of placing an order. The relevant deposit amount will be displayed on the pre-order item.
2. An invoice for the balance owing will be issued to your approximately 7 days before the item is ready for dispatch. The outstanding amount must be paid in full prior to the order being sent out from our warehouse.
3. Should the balance not be paid within 7 days of the invoice date, we will treat the order as cancelled and the deposit will be forfeited.
4. The timeframe for fulfilment for a pre-order will vary, depending on the specific item ordered. We will provide you a 'best estimate' at the time of placing your order and will update you should there be any changes. Delivery timeframes may be impacted by manufacturing delays, Customs, etc.
5. A refund of the deposit amount for change of mind may be requested within 7 days of placing your order. Any cancellations outside this timeframe will be treated as a cancellation and will result in the deposit amount being forfeited.
6. You may be able to use Afterpay for the deposit and/or balance of a pre-order item. These will be two seperate transactions. Please note that a $1,000.00 limit applies to individual Afterpay transactions.
Organic cotton is grown using methods and materials that have a low impact on the environment. It is grown without the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and synthetic fertilizers, and the use of genetically-engineered seed is prohibited.
All Kowtow cotton is certified by Fairtrade Labelling Organisations International (FLO). Fairtrade empowers farmers to negotiate with buyers to secure better prices for their cotton. Every season, certified farmer groups receive a premium to be spent on community projects such as medical costs, irrigation schemes to conserve rainwater, books and clothes for school children, farmer education, training and upgrades.
Kowtow's cotton is organically farmed and free from genetically modified seeds to benefit the soil, cotton and farmers. Crops are rain-fed and hand-picked. Organic farming is achieved through companion planting, crop rotations and on-site green waste composting to eliminate the use of chemicals harmful to farmers and their families. Cotton is a sustainable, recyclable and biodegradable fiber.
Kowtow only uses sustainably sourced trims. The label's buttons are made in Italy from recycled hemp. Its denim tacks and sliders are nickel-free and made in a SA8000-certified factory in Germany. They are tested by OEKO-TEX for harmful substances and come under the Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) and ISO 14000 environmental management standard.
Kowtow's prints and fabrics use Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) approved inks and dyes, which are free from chlorine bleach, toxic heavy metals, formaldehyde and aromatic solvents. The brand only uses GOTS-approved washes for its garments, from lightweight jersey to denim. GOTS ensures sustainable use and treatment of water used in these processes.